Asbestos Lab Bulk Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity to join the operational support team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management, Lucion Services, as an Asbestos Lab Bulk Analyst. This is a Full-Time, permanent role where you will be based in our Lab in Gateshead. We are offering a basic salary of between £21,673.60 - £24,000 depending on skills and experience.
Providing assistance nationally to all Lucion Services companies in any areas of bulk analytical tasks. Provide trusted centralised support by embracing new technology and change, ensuring your work is always of a high quality with results being right first time and delivered on time.
The duties of the Asbestos Bulk Analyst consist of:
- Analysis of bulk samples
- Analysis of soil samples for identification and quantification (where appropriate training and experience is held)
- Responsibility for reporting bulk sample analyses that are subsequently authorised by authorised signatory
- Referral of any potential work to management team members and ensuring that any upcoming major projects are provided for
- Data entry onto a bespoke laboratory reporting and analysis system
- Providing specialist advice and interpretation to Managers and colleagues
- Maintaining your individual QHSE documentation
- Participate in devising methods to improve efficiency or quality and to raise any issues that may be detrimental to, or pose a risk to the environment or OH&S.
- Communication and co-operation with clients; management; and fellow team members
- Completion of mandatory quality control checks at predetermined intervals, including internal Bulk QC, colleague cross checks, AIMS, AISS, RICE as appropriate
- Responsible for supervision of trainee analysts or technicians allocated to specific projects
- Assisting with Operational Support admin tasks such as survey plan production and data entry on an ad hoc basis in line with departmental needs
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by members of the Operational Support management team
More about You!
What knowledge and skills you possess:
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Analysis of Asbestos in Bulk Materials (P401)or equivalent is essential
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- In house or external training to a standard that has satisfied the needs of the Laboratory Assurance Coordinator
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- A minimum of 1 month asbestos analytical experience
- The ability to identify the 6 regulated forms of asbestos, including reference QC samples and working samples (the range of samples tested must reflect those in which you have been trained. All matrices encountered must be covered to include: textured coating, composite materials, insulants, boards, debris, soil samples)
- Authorisation as per UKAS document Lab 30 and shown in SOP01.03
- Working knowledge of HSG248 Asbestos The Analysts’ Guide
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience of using technical equipment (including IT)
What behaviours you demonstrate:
- Using your own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively
- Flexible and adaptable approach (including to out-of-hours working and travelling away)
- Proactive approach to learning
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Able to offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Well organised and works well under pressure
- Customer focused
What’s in it for you?
We want to attract and retain the very best people, so we believe in offering you a benefits package that we believe to be one of the best in the business:
£21,673.60 - £24,000 Basic Salary, depending on skills and experience
Multiple reward and loyalty schemes:
Loyalty bonus - paid at 3, 5, 7 and 10 years - We want you to stay with us, however your career path may work out
£1,000 referral bonus - As a growing company, we are always looking to bring in talented individuals that fit our community. If you recommend someone that joins us, you’ll be rewarded every time
Lifestyle & Family
25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
5 days sick pay
Enhanced parental leave. We stand above other companies in our field, offering a significantly enhanced scheme for maternity and 2 weeks paid paternity leave
Private healthcare - through Simply Health, employees can claim back expense on dental, eye care and wellbeing services. The premium is paid by Lucion, the employee only pays BIK.
Employee Assistance Programme when you need support, we make sure it’s readily available for you from an independent provider, 24/7/365
Wellbeing platform with healthy eating, workouts, meditation guides, discounts, cashback and more
Flexible, Hybrid Working Policy - we are a technologically advanced company and can provide the tools you need to work to meet your needs.
Supportive family policies, whatever your parenting journey is, we will offer support when you need it
More About Us:
When you join the Lucion Group you join more than just another set of work colleagues. We are more a like-minded community with a shared vision. That vision is simple. We are committed to protecting people and the planet.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is at the core of our success. We have seen inspirational things happen when people from different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds all come together with a common vision.
We are committed to providing a workplace where everyone feels supported and valued, and staff can bring their whole selves to work, without judgement or discrimination.
The values and beliefs we hold are embedded into everything we do. We have a clear purpose and a shared set of values. We would love you to help shape them in the future!
Get in touch!
Feel free to email our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Job offers will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check across the Group. Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.
Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
- Operational Support Team
- Asbestos Lab/Bulk Analyst
- Gateshead (Lab)
About Lucion Group
The Lucion Group comprises Lucion Services, a market-leading provider of hazardous materials management services, including specialist divisions in radiation protection advice via ARPS Ltd and topographical surveying by Landform Surveys Ltd and Midland Survey Ltd. Delta-Simons, an established multi-disciplinary environmental and health and safety consultancy completes the Group, providing trusted advice and solutions for sustainable development and highly specialised ground engineering services via Ground Engineering Ltd.
We have a nationwide presence with more than 500 employees operating across more than 20 specialist sectors and including Utilities, Real Estate, Nuclear, Technology, Marine and Development.
Asbestos Lab Bulk Analyst
Loading application form
Already working at Lucion Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.