Flood Risk and Drainage Consultant
Full Time/ Flexible Working
Delta-Simons, part of the Lucion Group, is looking for an enthusiastic and talented consultant with 2-5 years’ experience in flood risk, drainage and climate change and demonstrates excellent initiative, communication skills and work ethic. You will be working on a variety of transactional and planning projects within Water Services covering a diverse range of sectors.
Delta-Simons has been working with commercial and residential developers, retailers, industrial and manufacturing, fund managers, institutional investors, hi-tech companies, public sector, and charitable organisations since 1992, providing trusted environmental advice.
We have developed our services to provide intelligent, holistic, and bespoke solutions for our clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Inogen® Environmental Alliance, a global network of over 5,000 environmental specialists.
Work as a Consultant within Water Services, responsible for the factual and interpretative input to projects and assignments including planning, task delivery, management of sub-contractors and site works where necessary, scheduling of third-party testing where necessary, data assessment and reporting. Typical tasks will include:
- Completion of Flood Risk Appraisals for our investor and pension fund clients assessing the risk for all sources of flooding and providing practical mitigation measures, recommendations, and commercial advice,
- Completion of Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to support planning applications for our clients,
- Completion of Water Chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments
- Completion of other flood risk and drainage projects for existing and new and emerging markets such as ESG
- Producing accurate flood risk GIS maps in QGIS or equivalent
- Produce concept drainage plans in AutoCAD
- Running with projects from inception to completion with support from your line manager and project lead to develop wide range of technical, project management and commercial skills
What we need from you
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Having a growth mindset, with an initiative-taking and resourceful approach
- Be self-motivated, and able to work under pressure
- Prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability and willingness to learn from experience and take on greater responsibility
- Commitment and desire to develop personal CPD
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills
- Liaising with colleagues and clients
What we would like from you
- 2-5 years’ experience of environmental consultancy work, particularly in flood risk and drainage or similar water sectors
- Experience of managing projects and liaising with both clients and statutory consultees
- Experience of using GIS (preferably QGIS)
- Experience of using AutoCAD
- Experience of using MicroDrainage or equivalent modelling software
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject such as Geography and preferably a secondary qualification such as an MSc, or discipline-specific related qualification
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience
- Desirable to be a member of professional body with the desire to work towards chartered status.
- Good commercial awareness
At Delta-Simons, recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our success and continued growth. We celebrate our staff by offering:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
All candidates are advised to read our Candidate Privacy Notice
Delta-Simons is an equal opportunities employer.