When you join the Lucion Group you join more than just another set of work colleagues. We are more a like-minded community with a shared vision. That vision is simple. We are committed to protecting people and the planet.
We know that what we do really does have a direct impact and it really can make a difference. It means there is no compromise in our mission. We work hard every day to be the best at what we do. We trust each other to make the right decisions for our clients, our colleagues and ultimately for our company.
When you come to work with us you soon realise how important our role is in keeping people safe and the environment protected. No two days are the same. You will have to think on your feet, and you will have to be flexible. But in all honesty, we wouldn't have it any other way.
In return you will have the backing and support of colleagues who will always help each other, not just some days, but every day. That is the essence of our teams and our teamwork. We know that people are at their best when they are in a positive working environment. Where they are encouraged to use their skills and where they have the opportunity to progress and become fulfilled.
The values and beliefs we hold are embedded into everything we do. We have a clear purpose and a shared set of values. We would love you to help shape them in the future
An exciting opportunity to join the operational support team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management, Lucion Services. Providing assistance nationally to all Lucion Services companies in any areas of bulk analytical tasks. Provide trusted centralised support by embracing new technology and change, ensuring your work is always of a high quality with results being right first time and delivered on time.
The successful candidate will report directly to our Laboratory Manager, Nichola Byron.
The duties of the Asbestos Bulk Analyst consist of:
- Analysis of bulk samples
- Analysis of soil samples for identification and quantification (where appropriate training and experience is held)
- Responsibility for reporting bulk sample analyses that are subsequently authorised by authorised signatory
- Referral of any potential work to management team members and ensuring that any upcoming major projects are provided for
- Data entry onto a bespoke laboratory reporting and analysis system
- Providing specialist advice and interpretation to Managers and colleagues
- Maintaining your individual QHSE documentation
- Participate in devising methods to improve efficiency or quality and to raise any issues that may be detrimental to, or pose a risk to the environment or OH&S.
- Communication and co-operation with clients; management; and fellow team members
- Completion of mandatory quality control checks at predetermined intervals, including internal Bulk QC, colleague cross checks, AIMS, AISS, RICE as appropriate
- Responsible for supervision of trainee analysts or technicians allocated to specific projects
- Assisting with Operational Support admin tasks such as survey plan production and data entry on an ad hoc basis in line with departmental needs
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by members of the Operational Support management team
More about You!
What knowledge and skills you possess:
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Analysis of Asbestos in Bulk Materials (P401)or equivalent is essential
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- In house or external training to a standard that has satisfied the needs of the Laboratory Assurance Coordinator
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- A minimum of 1 month asbestos analytical experience
- The ability to identify the 6 regulated forms of asbestos, including reference QC samples and working samples (the range of samples tested must reflect those in which you have been trained. All matrices encountered must be covered to include: textured coating, composite materials, insulants, boards, debris, soil samples)
- Authorisation as per UKAS document Lab 30 and shown in SOP01.03
- Working knowledge of HSG248 Asbestos The Analysts’ Guide
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience of using technical equipment (including IT)
What behaviours you demonstrate:
- Using your own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively
- Flexible and adaptable approach (including to out-of-hours working and travelling away)
- Proactive approach to learning
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Able to offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Well organised and works well under pressure
- Customer focused
Benefits of Working with Lucion
We want our people to be motivated, valued and ready to engage with us throughout their career. This commitment is reflected in our employee benefits package that underlines our position as industry leaders.
When you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Paid travel time
- Company matched pension scheme
- Rentention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Company lieu time scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
- Salary sacrifice car leasing scheme
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants.
Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.