Lucion Services is a market-leading Testing Inspection & Certification (TIC), providing trusted, accredited, and certified hazardous material risk management to the UK and internationally. As a group of risk management companies, our team continues to accelerate forward beyond the capabilities of other market providers.
As Surveyor/LI Operative, you will be joining the specialist Infrastructure, division part of the UK's market-leading, accredited provider of hazardous materials management and ground investigations across multiple sectors.
You need to be committed to a daily challenge, in a fast-paced development environment but in return, you will receive an industry-leading remuneration package and, as an international provider and a market leader, we can offer you career opportunities and development like never before.
If you are interested in joining the new wave of hazardous material experts, then apply below.
The Lucion Infrastructure team undertake intrusive investigations into highway structures/other Infrastructure assets and buildings, contaminated land investigations and removal of non-licenced asbestos materials (waterproofing membranes etc).
The role is a hybrid role covering asbestos surveying to infrastructure assets contaminated land surveys and support to our network of surveyors when undertaking refurbishment asbestos surveys / trial pits / coring bridge decks / refurbishment works etc. As such the successful candidate will work in a team of surveyors and infrastructure operatives and be expected to cover various roles within the team.
Typical duties include site work consisting of:
- Survey Assist/Carry out and manage your own surveys
- Desktop studies prior to survey works
- Asbestos surveying infrastructure, including management, refurbishment and demolition surveys as well as land investigation and inspection.
- Produce Asbestos Survey reports and drawings through our self developed and industry-leading software, NexGen
- Accurate collection of factual and numerical data via a phablet device
- Familiarity and compliance with all asbestos relevant legislation e.g HSE and construction
- Maintaining your personal QHSE documentation and adhering to internal assurance processes.
- Core drilling/ hand trial pit excavation & and assisting with investigation of highway structures. and Land investigation work. Training will be given in the use of plant and equipment
- Reinstatement following investigation works
- Land remediation
- Non-licensed asbestos removals of waterproofing membranes/ contaminated soil
This is an entry role and would be suited to someone wanting to expand their experience and knowledge.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Site representation of Lucion Infrastructure
- Assisting with site surveys
- Deliver site work to an outstanding standard
We have contracts throughout the UK and travel will be required in this role.
We don’t micromanage here. So if that’s your thing, this role isn’t for you. Autonomy is a fundamental part of being part of our Lucion team. Trusting our team members to challenge themselves and support them in achieving their goals is what we are here to do as a management team.
We take great pride in building trusting relationships with our team members. Our team members are with us for a long time and look to us to provide security and sustainability in their careers.
Previous construction experience and knowledge of the highways environment or similar infrastructure (Street works) would be advantageous. Training will be provided for suitable candidates.
As a minimum, you must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- P402 Surveying and bulk sampling for Asbestos
- Ability to work in small teams;
- The ability to use own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible approach to out-of-hours working and travelling away
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Hands on experience technical equipment (IT)
- Willingness to work nationally in a ‘hands on’, physical role as part of a site team.
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role. A light goods vehicle licence / excavator licence would be advantageous.
Benefits of Working with Lucion
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars: engagement, motivation and value, which are upheld by our generous employee benefits package. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Paid travel time
- Company matched pension scheme
- Bi-annual team performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Company lieu time scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
REGARDLESS OF AGE, WE PAY NATIONAL LIVING WAGE!
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants.
Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.