When you join the Lucion Group you join more than just another set of work colleagues. We are more of a like-minded community with a shared vision. That vision is simple. We are committed to protecting people and the planet.
We know that what we do really does have a direct impact and it really can make a difference. It means there is no compromise in our mission. We work hard every day to be the best at what we do. We trust each other to make the right decisions for our clients, our colleagues and ultimately for our company.
When you come to work with us you soon realise how important your role is in keeping people safe and the environment protected. No two days are the same. You will have to think on your feet, and you will have to be flexible. But in all honesty, we wouldn't have it any other way.
In return, you will have the backing and support of colleagues who will always help each other, not just some days, but every day. That is the essence of our teams and our teamwork. We know that people are at their best when they are in a positive working environment. Where they are encouraged to use their skills and where they have the opportunity to progress and become fulfilled.
The values and beliefs we hold are embedded into everything we do. We have a clear purpose and a shared set of values. We would love you to help shape them in the future.
You’ll be joining our Operational Site team, working locally to your regional office with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK as the business needs require.
As a technician, this role is an opportunity to learn a new skill set for a long term career. You will be supported by a senior mentor and a full technical team through an industry leading training programme. You’ll learn on the job and via specialist training modules, at the end of which you will have the opportunity to obtain professional qualifications and authorisation to work as a qualified Asbestos Analyst/Surveyor.
This role will suit someone who enjoys working in changing environments indoors and outdoors, visiting varying sites and conditions and dynamic working with a great team.
The tasks of the Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst Technician consist of:
Investigation of building fabric works as part of a survey team
- Willingness to work as part of a team in changing environmental situations. This could include working outside undertaking soil investigation work, to working in a Grade II listed building or surveying a tanker in the Atlantic ocean.
- Undergoing in-house training towards professional BOHS Proficiency Module qualifications in asbestos surveying and analytical work (BOHS P402, P403, P404
- Travel opportunities both nationally and Internationally.
- Learning to log technical data into Lucion's in-house built mobile app.
- Adherence to accreditation requirements and aspects which underpin our Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems.
- Self motivated learning in conjunction with support from your mentor.
- Successful completion of Lucion's Academy Programme including the BOHS Proficiency Modules.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by members of the Operational management team.
More about You:
What knowledge and skills you possess:
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Willing to work towards the BOHS P402, P403 or P404 qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Once trained, the ability to identify the 6 regulated forms of asbestos
- Hands on experience of using IT equipment
What behaviours you demonstrate:
Positive attitude towards learning new technical proficiencies
- Practical hands on skills,
- Using your own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively
- Flexible and adaptable approach (including out-of-hours working)
- Proactive approach to learning
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Well organised and works well under pressure
Benefits of Working with Lucion
Our open culture, opportunities for growth and our outstanding employee benefits are in place to ensure that our colleagues feel as valued as they are. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Company matched pension scheme
- Half yearly team performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Company lieu time scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays (full time entitlement)
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
- Paid Travel Time
Lucion Environmental Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.