Lucion Services is a market-leading TIC, providing trusted, accredited, and certified hazardous material risk management to the UK and internationally. As a group of risk management companies, our team continues to accelerate forward beyond the capabilities of other market providers.
As an Asbestos Bulk Analyst, you will be joining our subsidiary company Lucion Environmental, the UK's market-leading, accredited provider of hazardous materials testing, inspection, and consultancy.
You need to be committed to a daily challenge, in a fast-paced development environment but in return, you will receive an industry-leading remuneration package and, as an international provider and a market leader, we can offer you career opportunities and development like never before.
If you are interested in joining the new wave of hazardous material experts, then apply below.
An exciting opportunity to join the Operational Support Laboratory team, providing assistance nationally in bulk analytical testing. As a trainee, you will be supported through an industry leading training programme, at the end of which you will receive professional qualifications and authorisation to work as an analyst in our state of the art laboratory. This role will suit someone who embraces new technology and dynamic working with a great team.
The duties of the Trainee Asbestos Bulk Analyst consist of:
- Learning aspects of asbestos testing through analysis of samples
- Understanding theoretical analysis technique and methodology and putting this to practical application
- Completion of your Learning Journal to record and demonstrate your experiences and successes
- Becoming familiar with and adhering to good laboratory discipline and protocol
- Use of Lucion's NexGen system for analysis and reporting of results
- Adherence to accreditation requirements and aspects which underpin our Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Self motivated learning in conjunction with support from your laboratory buddy and the Operations Support team
- Successful completion of Lucion's Academy Programme including the BOHS P401 Proficiency Module
- Assisting with Operational Support admin tasks on an adhoc basis
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by members of the Operational Support management team
More about You!
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Willing to work towards the BOHS P401 qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Once trained, the ability to identify the 6 regulated forms of asbestos
- Hands on experience of using technical equipment (including IT)
- Previous experience of lab procedures or working in a lab environment is preferred but not essential
What behaviours you demonstrate:
- Using your own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively
- Flexible and adaptable approach (including to out-of-hours working and travelling away)
- Proactive approach to learning
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Able to offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Well organised and works well under pressure
- Customer focused
Benefits of Working with Lucion
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars: engagement, motivation and value, which are upheld by our generous employee benefits package. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Company matched pension scheme
- Bi-annual team performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Company lieu time scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants. Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.