Due to the expanse of the Acoustic Team, Delta Simons is looking for an enthusiastic and talented person with excellent communication skills and technical ability in most aspects of noise and vibration. You will be working be on some of the countries prestigious developments supporting environmental planning projects in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Delta-Simons has been working with commercial and residential developers, retailers, industrial and manufacturing, fund managers, institutional investors, hi-tech companies, public sector and charitable organisations since 1992, providing trusted environmental advice.
We have developed our services to provide intelligent, holistic and bespoke solutions for our clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Inogen® Environmental Alliance, a global network of over 5,000 environmental specialists.
As the Acoustics Team was recently formed in last 2 years there is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within industry and be the first Consultant grade to join team, enabling you to fast track your learning, experience, and work exposure.
In this role, you will apply your skills across a variety of projects, undertaking noise and vibration surveys across the UK, predictive calculations and modelling, technical report writing, building acoustics design, environmental impact assessment, and providing mitigation advice.
Undertake Site surveys including Noise and Vibration.
- Organise and coordinate project resources, including suppliers, to enable efficient timescales.
- Flexible, conscientious and adaptive / innovative
- Commitment to develop personal CPD.
- Liaising with potential clients and contractors.
- Use software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project or assignment.
- Equipment preparation.
- Ability to learn from experience, improve personal knowledge base and take on greater responsibility.
- Calculations and modelling.
- Commitment to delivery of technical excellence
- Room and building acoustics.
- Prepare and complete technical reports.
- Professional development.
More about you!
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance relevant to the acoustics sector.
- Consultation with Environmental Health Officers including advising on the appropriate use of planning conditions.
- Experience in a consultancy environment.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Preferably first aid trained.
- Experience of noise monitoring surveys, environmental noise assessment, and planning guidance;
- Working knowledge of legislation and guidelines.
- Experience in the use of noise modelling software, preferably CadnaA.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and calculation formula.
- Experience in prediction and measurement of transportation noise.
- Experience in Noise Impact Assessments (including Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Experience in Industrial and commercial noise control.
- Commercial understanding, an interest in securing new business and confidence at the client-interface.
- Able to optimise the use of the software to present information in a professional and comprehensible manner.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
Benefits of working with Delta-Simons:
At Delta-Simons, recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our success and continued growth. We celebrate our staff by offering:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
Delta-Simons is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates are advised to read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
For all recruitment enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org