Delta-Simons is a trusted, commercially focused, specialist environmental consultancy focused on delivering the best possible project outcomes for our clients.
We have developed our services to provide intelligent, holistic and bespoke solutions for our clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Inogen® Environmental Alliance, a global network of over 5,000 environmental specialists.
We are looking for a versatile and highly motivated individual to join our energetic and successful Geo-environmental team. The role will include working as part of the team to simplify and resolve environmental and ground risks for our Clients through the provision of technical and commercially excellent advice.
The Geo-environmental team’s mission is to achieve Excellence in our Environment through facilitating sustainable development. We will strive for great client care, being approachable and responsive, delivering clear and concise ground risk advice. We work to foster a safe, rewarding and supportive work environment where our people can reach their full potential, such that we are the first choice for Employees and Clients.
Through the delivery of excellent advice, we endeavour to achieve a strong and sustainable financial performance and create future opportunity for ourselves whilst seeking to make a positive social and environmental impact.
If you are interested in joining us in achieving our mission then please apply below.
You will plan, deliver and manage Geo-environmental site investigations and associated reporting for major industry clients. Your experience will help train and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to deliver all stages of Geo-environmental projects to include the coordination of financial and technical input to proposals and management of Delta-Simons resources (office and site based), sub-contractors, timescales and financial performance.
- Use software and technical guidance documents for the assessment, modelling and interpretation of data to determine the required outcome for the project or assignment.
- Produce a wide range of interpretative Geo-environmental reports to provide solutions to the client’s business needs.
- Day-to-day financial management and profitability of projects.
- Ability to identify and expand new opportunities and marketing avenues for growth and development.
- Application of sound knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance.
- Efficient and cohesive decision-making to suit the needs of the project, team and self.
- Knowledge and practice-sharing with junior members of the team.
- Adhere to and model high Health and Safety standards, in line with Company procedures.
- Commitment to develop personal CPD and working towards Chartership.
- Engaging and professional communication with colleagues and all stakeholders.
More About You!
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification such as an MSc, or geoenvironmental related qualification.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- Sustained track record of relevant experience in producing Phase I Desk Studies, Supervising and producing Phase II Environmental and Geotechnical Ground Investigations Assessments, Remediation Method Statements and Validation Reports.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively either alone or in a small team.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- A developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- A full UK Driving Licence (manual).
- Membership of professional organisation (e.g. IEMA, CIWEM, IES).
Benefits of working with Delta-Simons
At Delta-Simons, recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our success and continued growth. We celebrate our staff by offering:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
Delta-Simons is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates are advised to read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
For all recruitment enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org