Lucion Group is a market-leading multidisciplinary risk management business primarily focused on environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy. Operating within the UK, as well as internationally, through both the Lucion Services and Delta-Simons brands.
With revenues of around £50m, we serve 1,500 clients across >20 sectors including Utilities, Real Estate, Nuclear, Technology, Marine, Government, Education, Planning and Development.
Our teams consist of more than 500 employees, the majority of whom are field-based technical specialists with skillsets in 50+ environmental consultancy services, including hazardous materials, ecology, air and water services, geo-environmental and ESG among others.
As a group of risk management companies, our team continues to accelerate forward beyond the capabilities of other market providers.
You need to be committed to a daily challenge, in a fast-paced development environment but in return, you will receive a competitive remuneration package.
If you are interested in progressing your career with a dynamic, growth-focused Group of companies, apply below.
Join the powerful Commercial Team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management, Lucion Group.
Managing and developing the growth of the NorthWest/Yorkshire for our Testing and Inspection Division and our Infrastructure Division Nationally as a hybrid role on behalf of the New Business Growth Team, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our North West/Yorkshire Testing and Inspection and Infrastructure new client base. Working with the Area Directors, Head of Business Development and the Commercial Team, you will design and build the New Business strategy within your key sectors to achieve growth targets of >£1m per annum.
This is a role for a powerful and successful salesperson/business development manager who is well established and experienced in environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy and Infrastructure space looking for the next step in your career in an environment where you can truly make the role your own. We are looking for a self starter who can hit the ground running with a vast sector knowledge and capability in developing and achieving new business growth targets.
As the North West/Yorkshire and Infrastructure Business Development Manager you will create New Business Opportunities for Lucion Services and New Service Opportunities with Existing Clients in line with client and sector targets. You will also work closely with both Marketing and Bids teams to secure new business opportunities and further develop exposure within your sectors.
The Hybrid Role Explained
As a part of the North West/Yorkshire T & I specification you will be responsible for selling our core services into new business clients in the North West and Yorkshire Area, this includes Asbestos and other Compliance lead services, Hazardous material testing and Health and Safety services in a B2B environment.
As a part of the Infrastructure specification you will be responsible for selling our infrastructure services on a National basis. These include highways infrastructure clients, contractors, consultants and asset owners including asbestos surveys of structures (bridges, viaducts, retaining walls etc) and other pre construction inspections predominantly for highway infrastructure projects including soils analysis and trial pits for site investigations.
More about You!
A dynamic communicator, you will be decisive and adaptable with a strong work ethic, keeping the interest of the company at heart. You will be strategic in your sales approach, using your initiative and think on your feet with any unexpected situations. A testing and inspection and/or Infrastructure sector experienced individuals who are ready to take their abilities to the next level. The skies are the limit in this role so you must be willing to push yourself and drive your sectors to the next level of success.
You will be the height of professionalism at all times, with excellent organisational skills and a very high attention to detail. Likely you have some experience of working in the infrastructure and testing and inspection sectors and compliance will be a second language to you, you should understand the need to follow Lucion’s procedures at all times, calculating the risk involved in potential opportunities and mitigating such risk where possible
As a minimum, you must possess the following:
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy markets and knowledge of the UK asbestos management/risk management market would be advantageous
- Understanding and knowledge of major contractors and consultants active in the infrastructure sector and services that Lucion will be able to sell to them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience within the business development/sales sector
- Must have previous sales experience within target market in your area
- Ideally must live within close proximity to the area of the required sales activities
- A UK driving licence (preferably clean)
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- In house or external trained sales trained
- Familiarity with contractual agreements, client management and the process of selling services to a client
Benefits of Working for Lucion
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars; engagement, motivation and value, which is upheld by our generous employee benefits. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Company matched pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Health cashback scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
REGARDLESS OF AGE, WE PAY NATIONAL LIVING WAGE!
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants.
Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.