Lucion Group is a market-leading multidisciplinary risk management business primarily focused on environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy. Operating within the UK, as well as internationally, through both the Lucion Services and Delta-Simons brands.
With revenues of around £50m, we serve 1,500 clients across >20 sectors including Utilities, Real Estate, Nuclear, Technology, Marine, Government, Education, Planning and Development.
Our teams consist of more than 500 employees, the majority of whom are field-based technical specialists with skillsets in 50+ environmental consultancy services, including hazardous materials, ecology, air and water services, geo-environmental and ESG among others.
As a group of risk management companies, our team continues to accelerate forward beyond the capabilities of other market providers.
You need to be committed to a daily challenge, in a fast-paced development environment but in return, you will receive a competitive remuneration package.
If you are interested in progressing your career with a dynamic, growth-focused Group of companies, apply below.
Join the powerful Commercial Team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management, Lucion Group.
Managing a key strategic area growth target on behalf of the New Business Growth Team, you will be responsible for the London and South East Area. Working with the Area Director, Head of Business Development and the Commercial Team, you will design and build the New Business strategy within your area to achieve growth targets of >£1m per annum. This is a strong target for a strong sales person who is looking to make their mark in the SE/L working for the market leader in their field.
This is a role for a powerful and successful salesperson/business development manager who is well established in the SE/L Area and has previous experience and sales success in the environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy, looking for the next step in their career in an environment where you can truly make the role your own. With a Business Development Executive (BDE) to support your daily duties, you will also be responsible for mentoring and supporting the area BDE to develop within the Growth Team.
As the Area Business Development Manager you will create New Business Opportunities for Lucion Group and New Service Opportunities with Existing Clients in line with client and sector targets. You will also work closely with both Marketing and Bids teams to secure new business opportunities and further develop exposure within your area.
- To achieve your annual and half-year New Business Sales targets assigned to the role
- Plan, prioritise, and perform personal sales behaviours and activities to identify and proactively pursue target markets, target clients, and target services mix at a level at least in line with the company’s strategic growth objectives
- Plan and manage the generation of new referrals and introductions to new prospects from all existing accounts, collaborating with the Account Management Team, ensuring efficient handover to others in the area when the work involves existing clients.
- Activity reporting on a daily and weekly basis to the area management team, including existing client works, to ensure communication is well maintained. Assist with Commercial forecasting
- Lead generation and qualification to identify decision-makers within target new business clients. Identify their need for our service and their compatibility with Lucion Group.
- Prospecting, networking and attending events for your target area, including tracking of any new business won from such an event
- Preparation of offers, ensuring that the technical requirements of contracts are adequately reviewed and subsequently fulfilled
- Closing, ensuring that works ordered by clients are operationally mobilised and ensuring that orders are in place and credit checked before any works start on site
- Provide mentorship to the Business Development Executive within your area, ensuring KPIs, targets and reporting is reviewed on a daily and weekly basis
- Working collaboratively with your Business Development Executive to ensure they have visibility of the area requirements and any support needed in your daily activities
- Providing the Head of Business Development with a report on the performance of your team weekly, any deficiencies are to be highlighted and a plan provided of how these are to be corrected immediately.
- Ensuring the CRM/Pipedrive system is populated for all sales, prospecting and related works. Ensuring the system is up to date and records individual quote figures accurately in line with Nexgen quotations issued.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Leadership team, with the overall aim of providing the best service at all times to clients and other personnel
More about You!
A dynamic communicator, you will be decisive and adaptable with a strong work ethic, keeping the interest of the company at heart. You will be strategic in your sales approach, using your initiative and think on your feet with any unexpected situations. A proactive individual who is ready to take their abilities to the next level. The skies are the limit in this role so you must be willing to push yourself and drive your area to the next level of success.
You will be the height of professionalism at all times, with excellent organisational skills and a very high attention to detail. Likely you have some experience of working in the Facility management / constructions sectors and compliance will be a second language to you, you should understand the need to follow Lucion’s procedures at all times, calculating the risk involved in potential opportunities and mitigating such risk where possible
As a minimum, you must possess the following:
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory services testing and consultancy markets and knowledge of the UK asbestos management/risk management market would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience within the business development/sales sector
- Must have previous sales experience within target market in your area
- Ideally must live within close proximity to the area of the required sales activities
- A UK driving licence (preferably clean)
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- In house or external trained sales trained
- Familiarity with contractual agreements, client management and the process of selling services to a client
Benefits of Working for The Lucion Group
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars; engagement, motivation and value, which is upheld by our generous employee benefits. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Company matched pension scheme
- Competitive Bonus scheme
- Company car allowance/scheme
- Health cashback scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants.
Lucion Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.