Delta-Simons is a trusted, commercially focused, specialist environmental consultancy focused on delivering the best possible project outcomes for our clients.
We have developed our services to provide intelligent, holistic and bespoke solutions for our clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Inogen® Environmental Alliance, a global network of 5,000 environmental specialists.
We are looking for a versatile and highly motivated individual to join our energetic and successful GeoEnvironmental team to support the planning, delivery and management of site investigations for major industry clients.
In return, we offer an excellent employee benefits package within an empowered environment that embodies our mission:
“We guarantee that the business will be truly sustainable. Empowering its staff to do great things, which will enrich the business and generate a massive value for the environment and its Stakeholders. We will strive to meet the ambition that each and every single member of staff across the entire organisation will be utterly and completely aligned and committed to our cultural ambitions.”
If you are interested in joining us, then please apply below.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Ecologist to join the highly successful Delta-Simons Ecology Team, to assist with the planning, delivery and management of an ever-increasing number of exciting projects in England.
- Designing and managing ecological surveys and associated mitigation from inception through to completion.
- Undertaking extended phase 1 habitat surveys to accurately describe and map habitats and assess their potential to support notable/protected species.
- Undertaking phase 2 surveys for legally protected species.
- Project management for QA purposes.
- Producing a range of ecological reports to a high standard.
- Liaising with clients, professional advisors, contractors and the general public.
- Embodying the Delta-Simons values of integrity, commitment, empowerment, sustainability, wellbeing and innovation.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
More About You!
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (2:1 or higher)
- At least four years’ experience as a professional ecological consultant.
- Good ecological field skills covering a range of protected species and habitats.
- A sound understanding of the legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- The ability to write concise, high quality, technical reports (including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and Ecological Impact Assessments) in line with CIEEM guidelines.
- Experience of reviewing technical ecology reports written by others.
- Experience with BREEAM 2018 assessments.
- Experience of using the Defra Biodiversity Metric.
- Experience of writing fee proposals, project management and client liaison.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Associate membership of CIEEM (or higher)
- At least one Natural England protected species licence (Level 1 or above)
- Full driving licence
Benefits of Working with Delta-Simons
At Delta-Simons, recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our success and continued growth. We celebrate our staff by offering:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
Delta-Simons is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates are advised to read our Candidate Privacy Notice.