ANY LOCATION IN THE UK
Delta-Simons is a trusted, commercially focused, specialist environmental consultancy focused on delivering the best possible project outcomes for our clients.
We have developed our services to provide intelligent, holistic and bespoke solutions for our clients; delivered at regional and national levels within the UK, as well as internationally through the Inogen® Environmental Alliance, a global network of over 4,330 environmental specialists.
We are looking for an experienced waste and resource management consultant to join a growing multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy. Based at one of our offices in England to suit the successful candidate. This role will involve delivering waste and resource management advisory services to a wide variety of clients across the UK and potentially Europe.
The Geo-environmental team’s mission is to achieve Excellence in our Environment through facilitating sustainable development. We will strive for great client care, being approachable and responsive, delivering clear and concise ground risk advice. We work to foster a safe, rewarding and supportive work environment where our people can reach their full potential, such that we are the first choice for Employees and Clients.
Through the delivery of excellent advice, we endeavour to achieve a strong and sustainable financial performance and create future opportunity for ourselves whilst seeking to make a positive social and environmental impact.
If you are interested in joining us and supporting our mission then please apply below.
You will plan, deliver and manage Waste and Resource Management projects and associated reporting for a wide variety of clients across the UK and potentially Europe. Your experience will help to develop the service line for the business.
- •Work as a Senior/Principal Consultant within a Team/Business Unit. Responsible for management, financial and technical input to projects, including provision of proposals, project planning, management of resources (office or site-based) and sub-contractors, completion of appropriate scheduling of laboratory testing (where applicable), site audits, data assessment, reporting and financial performance.
- •Engagement in direct account management and development as part of an Account Management Team.
- •To effectively communicate and manage a delivery team to achieve a project brief through provision of efficient and professional services.
- •With the support of an appropriate person at Associate or Director grade provide solutions to technical problems and write technical reports.
- •To provide clear and factually correct reports that require minimal re-writing or amendment by an authorising signatory.
- •To work within and be a champion for, the company health, safety and environmental policies.
- •When requested, to provide input to Company initiatives.
- •To demonstrate an understanding of and comply with legislation, Company policies and procedures and work within agreed resources.
- •Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives through positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, with clients and with suppliers.
- •To promote the Company and its services to others.
- •Undertake ongoing CPD.
- •To provide support and assistance to all staff as appropriate.
- •Lead by example and share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
- •To provide coaching and mentoring of junior staff to bring about improvements in their skill base.
- •Undertake proposal preparation with the support of an appropriate person at Principal/Associate or above grade.
- •Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- •Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- •Desirable to be a Member of Professional Body preferably with or working towards Chartered status.
- •Desirable to be a QP for the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste Development Industry Code of Practice
- •Desirable to have a WAMITAB qualification
- •Waste and resource management experience particularly in relation to the construction, land remediation and development sectors.
- •Understanding of waste permitting/licensing regimes.
- •Understanding of waste legislation (both across the home nations and wider European countries) and its application to the environmental and wider industries.
- •Experience of the practical application of waste and resource management knowledge e.g. this may include application of permitting to a specific issue or the development of bespoke End of Waste protocols
- •Understanding of the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste Development Industry Code of Practice (DoWCoP)
- •An understanding of waste related markets would be helpful.
- •Registered QP for the DoWCoP scheme would be beneficial but not essential as training and support can be provided to the right person
- •A track record of managing the practical, technical and financial aspects of consultancy projects.
- •Experience of the management/supervision of site works would be useful, but not essential.
- •A working knowledge of appropriate laboratory tests to test waste materials and their interpretation would be helpful.
- •An ability to write clear and concise factual and interpretative reports is required.
- •Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- •Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
- •Ability to work with, develop and mentor more junior members of the team is a requisite.
More About You!
Benefits of Working with Delta-Simons
At Delta-Simons, recruiting and retaining the best individuals is key to our success and continued growth. We celebrate our staff by offering:
- •Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience.
- •Company matched pension scheme.
- •24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- •Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- •Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance.
- •Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, from a range of brands and services including gym membership and restaurant deals.
- •Supported opportunities for volunteering and community action.
Delta-Simons is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates are advised to read our Candidate Privacy Notice.