Lucion Services is a market-leading TIC, providing trusted, accredited, and certified hazardous material risk management to the UK and internationally. As a group of risk management companies, our team continues to accelerate forward beyond the capabilities of other market providers.
As a (JOB TITLE), you will be joining our subsidiary company Lucion Environmental, the UK's market-leading, accredited provider of hazardous materials testing, inspection, and consultancy.
You need to be committed to a daily challenge, in a fast-paced development environment but in return, you will receive an industry-leading remuneration package and, as an international provider and a market leader, we can offer you career opportunities and development like never before.
If you are interested in joining the new wave of hazardous material experts, then apply below.
An exciting opportunity to join the operational support team of the leading national provider of trusted risk management, Lucion Services. Providing assistance nationally to all Lucion Services companies in any areas of bulk analytical tasks. Provide trusted centralised support by embracing new technology and change, ensuring your work is always of a high quality with results being right first time and delivered on time.
The duties of the Operational Support Assistant (Bulk Analyst) consist of:
- Analysis of bulk samples
- Analysis of soil samples for identification and quantification (where appropriate training and experience is held)
- Responsibility for reporting bulk sample analyses that are subsequently authorised by authorised signatory
- Referral of any potential work to management team members and ensuring that any upcoming major projects are provided for
- Data entry onto a bespoke laboratory reporting and analysis system
- Providing specialist advice and interpretation to Managers and colleagues
- Maintaining your individual QHSE documentation
- Participate in devising methods to improve efficiency or quality and to raise any issues that may be detrimental to, or pose a risk to the environment or OH&S.
- Communication and co-operation with clients; management; and fellow team members
- Completion of mandatory quality control checks at predetermined intervals, including internal Bulk QC, colleague cross checks, AIMS, AISS, RICE as appropriate
- Responsible for supervision of trainee analysts or technicians allocated to specific projects
- Assisting with Operational Support admin tasks such as survey plan production and data entry on an ad hoc basis in line with departmental needs
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by members of the Operational Support management team
More about You!
What knowledge and skills you possess:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- In house or external training to a standard that has satisfied the needs of the Laboratory Assurance Coordinator
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Analysis of Asbestos in Bulk Materials (P401)or equivalent
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- A minimum of 1 month asbestos analytical experience
- The ability to identify the 6 regulated forms of asbestos, including reference QC samples and working samples (the range of samples tested must reflect those in which you have been trained. All matrices encountered must be covered to include: textured coating, composite materials, insulants, boards, debris, soil samples)
- Authorisation as per UKAS document Lab 30 and shown in SOP01.03
- Working knowledge of HSG248 Asbestos The Analysts’ Guide
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience of using technical equipment (including IT)
What behaviours you demonstrate:
- Using your own initiative if working alone
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work effectively and intuitively
- Flexible and adaptable approach (including to out-of-hours working and travelling away)
- Proactive approach to learning
- Attention to detail for accurate data
- Able to offer constructive suggestions for improvement
- Well organised and works well under pressure
- Customer focused
Benefits of Working with Lucion
At Lucion, we build our trusting relationships upon 3 pillars: engagement, motivation and value, which are upheld by our generous employee benefits package. If you join Lucion you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Paid travel time
- Company matched pension scheme
- Bi-annual team performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Health cashback scheme
- Company lieu time scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Industry leading training opportunities and encouragement to learn on the job and gain further qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme, which includes counselling services and legal assistance
- Cashback and discounts on purchases and events, as well as a peer-to-peer recognition platform and spot financial awards
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive a high number of applicants. Lucion is an equal opportunities employer.
Please see a link to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here.